The Dimexon Diamonds with Purpose report will act as a roadmap to brighter future for the diamond industry
We are proud to share that we have released our first Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, Diamonds with Purpose: Our 2022 ESG report and roadmap to sustainable luxury.
The report is a major milestone for Dimexon. It celebrates our significant ESG achievements to date and lays out bold sustainability and ethical goals for the future, including key targets for 2023, 2025 and 2030. As a business with a longstanding commitment to pioneering new ESG practices within the diamond industry, we hope that the creation of this in-depth report will not only positively impact our own business but inspire others working in diamonds to join us on our journey to sustainable luxury.
The ESG report focuses on four pillars: environmental synergy, product integrity, social stewardship and responsible business conduct. The report provides an insight into the inner workings of our operations, identifying some of the impressive work that the we are already doing to create a long-lasting positive impact, including:
- 3.72 tCO2e rating on emission intensity per 1,000cts of diamonds produced
- 50% reduction in energy consumption at our Mumbai office
- Zero Liquid Discharge certification at our facility in Coimbatore, India
- 54% of water is recycled and reused at our cutting and polishing manufactory in Coimbatore, India
- 85% of our workforce is female, with 67% of those employees having been with the
company for more than 10 years
- 6,000 freshly cooked meals a week were provided for local community in Coimbatore during the peak of the pandemic
At Dimexon, success is measured by constant improvement, which is why Diamonds with Purpose also includes forward-looking targets that will ensure we continues to put our people and the planet first. Some of these goals set out in the 2022 ESG report include:
- 100% traceability on individual diamonds of 0.18ct and above by 2023
- 100% traceability on mixed parcels of diamonds weighing less than 0.18ct by 2025
- 100% of its suppliers to comply with Dimexon’s responsible supplier policy by 2023
- Zero waste to landfill by 2025
- Carbon neutral by 2030
- Zero single-use plastic by 2023
While this is the first ESG report Dimexon has released publicly, environmental, social and governance practices have very much been at the core of our business since it was founded in 1966. Our work around sustainability, ethics and transparency has been widely praised by industry bodies and is valued by our clientele, which includes some of the world’s biggest watch and jewellery brands, as well as independent businesses. The 2022 report will be the first in what will become an annual reporting event that will track Dimexon’s journey to sustainable luxury.
“At Dimexon, our ESG-led approach allows us to maintain our position as a trusted and responsible supplier of natural diamonds to a growing network of global customers,” says our director Rajiv Mehta. “Being a responsible organisation allows Dimexon to connect with leading businesses in the diamond industry, foster a loyal customer base and drive profitability.”
Download the full Diamonds with Purpose report to learn more about Dimexon’s bold plans for the future.